In the traditional drilling activities, there will only be mud solids control system for oil and gas drilling rigs. Pitless waste management recycling system is a new trend for oil field, and it becomes more and more popular in more and more countries and areas.
A Pitless waste management recycling system can also be known as Zero discharge system, or closed loop mud treatment system. It can be divided in to 2 parts:
The first parts is what we normally known as solids control system. It can be composed by solids control equipment as following:
1) The 4-stage solids control equipment: shale shaker, desander, desilter, mud cleaner, decanter centrifuge
2) Mixing system, such as mud agitator, mud hopper, jet mud mixer unit, shearing unit
3) Mud transfer equipment, like centrifugal pumps, screw pumps,
And other processing equipment, such as vacuum degasser, mud gas separator etc…
The solids control equipment is relative simple design, besides decanter centrifuge, all other equipment are not high tech. equipment.
Another part and the major part of pitless recycling system is what we normally called drilling waste management equipment. The drilling waste management system is used to treat the cuttings and liquids discharged from the solids control system, like the cuttings from shale shaker, desander, desilter, mud cleaner, or the soil from centrifuge. GN Solids Control is among the few manufacturers who can make full line drilling waste management equipment for pitless recycling system. Below are some major pitless recycling equipment made by GN Solids Control for your information, for anyone who wants for more information of pitless recycling system, you can contact GN Solids Control directly:
1) High G drying shaker. It is mainly used to treat water base mud and cuttings.
2) Vertical cuttings dryer: it is mainly used to treat oil base mud and cuttings. After VG dryer, the oil content can be reduced to 3% ~ 5%.
3) Dewatering unit
4) Screw conveyor auger system
5) Vacuum slurry transfer pump
6) Solidification unit